Katherine is an accredited Mental Health Occupational Therapist with 40 years of Clinical Experience. She is based in Katoomba in the Blue Mountains and Bondi Beach in Sydney. She provides face to face services in Katoomba and Bondi as well as on-line via Skype or Zoom. She has worked in the hospital system, including physical and psychiatric acute and rehabilitation settings. She spent 20 years working and consulting for Workers Compensation insurers including providing workplace rehabilitation services for physical and psychological injuries. Katherine has had a private practice since 1999, providing individual and couples counselling as well as conducting therapeutic groups.
Katherine has training and experience in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Relationship and Family Therapy, Existential Psychotherapy, Gestalt therapy and Psychodrama.
Her areas of expertise include:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Recovery from physical and psychological injury and trauma
- Women’s Health: Menarche, menstruation and women’s cycles, pregnancy and birth, pre and post natal, mothering and menopause
- Coping with miscarriage and abortion
- Relationships and Intimacy
- Conflict Management
- Interpersonal relationship repair at home and in the workplace
- Stress Management
- Life Coaching
- Pain management